Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ranch-Cilantro Snack Wraps

I must say that I have a complete obsession with cilantro. It's delicious. I know crafting things for your home is what I typically write about but its time for a slight change in pace. I mean crafting is taking thing and putting them together to make them useful. Isn't that what cooking is too? So today, I dedicate this post to krafting in the kitchen. (I just laughed at myself for writing that.)

This my friends, is a ranch-cilantro wrap:

Ingredients:
  1. Ranch Dressing Packet
  2. 5 oz Greek Yogurt
  3. 1 T Finely Chopped Cilantro
  4. 4 oz Cooked Chicken
  5. 4 T Diced Cucumbers
  6. 1-8"Tortilla
  7. 2 T Mozzarella Cheese
First you have to make the dressing for the wrap. It's super easy. Combine 5 oz of Greek yogurt with chopped cilantro (1 tablespoon) and powdered ranch dressing (1-2 teaspoons). Start with a small amount of both the powder and cilantro and increase until it tastes delicious. Spread 1 tablespoon on to your flour tortilla

Dice up your cucumber & heat up your cubed chicken

 Layer the chicken down on top of the ranch




Add cheese


  Top with cucumbers, roll up and enjoy!
I'm telling you this is a great lunch. I punched in everything into a recipe calculator on sparkpeople.com and here is the break-down:
  • Calories: 347.3
  • Total Fat: 9.0 g
  • Cholesterol: 82.2 mg
  • Sodium: 661.4 mg
  • Total Carbs: 26.0 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
  • Protein: 38.5 g

No comments: