Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Re-usable shopping bags!

Well, we all have seen re-usable bags for purchase at the grocery store.  But what is the major issue?  Remembering them, and finding a place to store them.  Cue the solution!  I found an incredibly adorable re-usable bag at Bath & Body Works, which rolls up small enough to fit in a pocket or purse.  So I made more.


I started by tracing the bag's pattern onto paper (although I think you could use a regular plastic bag to design a pattern as well).:


As you can see, the edges of the bag are a little wide so they can fold in, like a plastic bag.  This helps give the bag some volume:


I laid the pattern on the fold so all I had to do was stitch up the sides, finish the edges, and attach a little ribbon with snaps!  With the help of an iron and some folding skills, Voila!  You have the picture at the top of this post.  These make fantastic gifts and stocking stuffers, and they are so useful!  I carry two of them in my purse wherever I go!


Photobucket

3 comments:

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

You're being echo-friendly! That's great :)

Btw, do you want to gain more blog followers? Then come on and join my "Swap Followings" Linky Party. This is an excellent opportunity for every blogger to meet other bloggers, follow them, and be followed in return. How does this work? Just simply "swap your following" which goes like this, "I follow your blog so please follow mine." All you have to do is create a post about the party, include the party button, follow 2 or more bloggers then leave them comments so they can follow you back.

If you think this is a match for your interests (and I hope it is), then please click http://www.homemakeronadime.com/p/policies.html so you can read how it works and the details about the party. Don’t forget to join us today, Monday at 5 pm, PST.

Bring your best virtual smile, be prepared to meet great bloggers, and see you there! :)

Five Seconds From Crazy said...

Love it! I made a few shopping bags a couple of yers ago but chose the uglies fabric and now I never use them because they are so ugly. Yours are much prettier!

Five Seconds From Crazy said...

Oh yeah...follow me back pleeeeease? :)