Friday, January 7, 2011

Ruffled Pillow

As a new blogger and crafter, I've become obsessed with ruffles, buttons and flowers. My feminine side is creeping out (I hope the husband doesn't mind too much). So my first venture into crafting began with my grandma's sewing machine.
So I found this great ruffled pillow online and decided to make one for myself (below) but then decided it was just a bit too large for my bed.
I have a friend with the same curtains in her living room (bigger pillow in living room is a much better idea!). So I made myself a smaller one. My older sister has a birthday coming up, so I made her this gray one which was in the process of being made when I took the picture.
Here is the picture in its new home
Last, but not least, this is the newest pillow to the collection. This is for a friend who has been helping me recently.
I found the directions to make this lovely pillow here. The blogger has actually moved her blog (All This for A Penny).

All this ruffle making the manual way has made me start to think about buying a ruffle foot for my sewing machine. Seriously, I didn't know these things existed until yesterday. I feel like I've been living under a rock.

No comments: