Monday, May 30, 2011

Pattern Review: Simplicity Softies

Welllllll, I wanted to make some cute stuffed animals for a friend who just had a baby (yay!), so I hopped over to the J0-Ann's 99 cent pattern section and voila: enter Simplicity 2202!

Looks cute, right?  So adorable!  Well, I had to make a few modifications, since this was for a baby:no small parts.  Which basically meant no eyes, collars, hair, or tails.  All of those parts were small, and had to be hand-sewn on. While I trust my hand-stitching, I don't trust it to the grip of a very small alien-looking being.

Now, this would be fine, because the animals are cute, right?  Only if the pattern works out.  So pictures would be really good here:
to the front
to the side
So do you see why I set them up like mug shots?  Yeah, really big heads.  Still cute and all, but does not look like the pattern.  This may be due to user error (I did fail Fine Motor Skills in kindergarten-yes, it was a subject in my kindergarten class).  BUT those bodies look very small to me.

No big deal though, because this is for a baby.  The great thing is that the baby will not be able to tell the difference.  Maybe it will have some psychological effects later in life, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  Right?

So what will I be doing with these new little friends?  Stay tuned to find out TOMORROW!  Yes, that's right, I'm on a posting spree!

No comments: