Tuesday, March 1, 2011

St Patty's Garland and Another Keepsake Box

I have been horribly addicted to crafting blogs lately, and one thing that keeps popping up are pennants/garlands/banners.  Well, I was in Goodwill today and saw some green Christmas ornaments and thought that maybe I should make one too.  So here is what I collected for $6.49 (and a few things I had lying around):


Ornaments, chipboard letters, cedar hanger rings, green table cloth, party horns, string, ribbon, buttons, and a little cloth.  I didn't use everything, but it gave me something to work with.  Now, based on the letters that remained in the box, I could spell only one St. Patty's themed word: Lucky.  So I took those letters and the hanger rings and spray painted them green.  Then I stapled the letters to the green fabric and attached it to the tablecloth squares using ribbon, which I also used to suspend all the doo-dads.

It was really easy and only took about an hour or so.  Plus, there was no sewing and no glue!
Here it is:


Time for a close-up!


And,  I finally finished our Honeymoon Keepsake Box!  This one didn't have any 3-D elements, so assembly went much quicker than the wedding boxes!  A little photo shoot, with the help of Darla, who would not get out of the way:




 The inside of the cover has some spots for us to write little tidbits about the trip.











I used the inside of the box to attach our ticket and travel information.

I should also mention that I decorated this using a  generic theme park scrapbooking kit/stickers that I found on clearance at hobby lobby.  The box was a scrapbook box on clearance as well.  I love clearance!!!

1 comment:

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

So St. Pattified now! Very cute :)

By the way, we have a Swap Followings Linky Party going on right now where you get to meet excellent bloggers and increase your followers in the process. It's easy to join - just whip up a post and include the party button in the post then link up and start following other bloggers in the party so they can follow you, too. I'll be honored if you party with us at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/03/swap-followings-linky-pary-030711.html. See you there :)