Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wedding Keepsake Boxes

Hello from Mrs. S!  Hopefully I will be contributing several crafts to this blog in the near future!

So, I recently got married and had a huge stack of beautiful wedding cards that I did not want to throw out (especially with all of the advice and messages written inside by family and friends).  So I took an idea from Crafts n' Things magazine, and decided to make a keepsake box for all of the little doodads leftover from the wedding (favors, cake-topper, marriage certificate, etc).

Of course, I put my own spin on it and used the cards instead of "crafty" items.  This project might also be good for graduation (how many of us still have medals and ribbons left from cross-country meets and choir competitions?), or even baby showers!

Okay so I took a scrapbooking box that I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby--it is big enough to fit everything, plus I will be able to take some of the paper items and organize them on loose scrapbook pages, which will fit!



Then, I cut up all the cards and arranged them in a collage for the lid of the box.  I wrapped the bottom with some leftover wedding wrapping paper.  Also, a lot of the cards had 3D elements, so I stuck them on the lid to add a little depth.



Then, it was time to work on the inside.  I lined the inside the box with all of the well-wishes from friends and family!  To fill in holes, I used a little bit more of the cut up card covers.  The crazy thing is, I still have a ton of card art leftover!  Maybe I will use it on my scrapbook pages!

Hello, Box!  Overall, I am really happy with it!  I used elmer's glue...I think a glue gun would have more staying power, though, so if YOU do it, use a glue gun!

No comments: