Monday, January 17, 2011

Valentine's Day Love Pillow

I decided to head to Jo Ann's yesterday because I have some special requests for projects. I think I enjoy giving away my crafts as much as I enjoy making them. Anyway, while I was waiting to get my fabric cut, I noticed the remnants were an additional 70% off. I'm one for bargain shopping but I didn't see anything that really struck me. Needless to say, since the place was packed I saw a pile of remnants on the counter that hadn't made it into the bin. SCORE! This Valentines Day fabric which was about 1 ft of fabric for only $0.70. What a deal! So here's my $4 pillow.

After the link, check out the photo shoot with my new friend...

 To get going this morning, my pillow and I had a photo shoot. I want to show off my new learned skill.... how to make a pillow covering (no not photography).

My pillow meets Mr Chaise in our bedroom. Oh hello pillow.

It's so pink and girly! Ok, now check out the back.
I made a 12 x 12 inch pillow, so I cut the front out to be 13" x 13" which gave me 1/2" seam allowances. For the back (white color), I cut out 2 pieces that were 7" x 13". I then finished the seam by folding over twice and stitching it over to secure the seam. Looks like I finally have a seasonal pillow.

Ok, back to the photo shoot
On the couch -- shake your hair!

Strike a pose on the chair
Get that morning sun in your eyes.

I love my new pillow but I haven't found a place for it in the house. I had some additional heart fabric, so I'll <hopefully> have another post later in the week where you can see it.

No comments: