Saturday, April 9, 2011

Craft Fail?

Okay, so while making my Mary Poppins Mantel, I had hoped to use this old vanity mirror/lipstick holder of my grandmother's.


I'm certainly not going to use it, seeing as how I don't have a vanity, nor do I wear lipstick.  So I thought I would be clever and repurpose it for the mantle.  Except for this one thing:  I have no way to hang it, and I don't really know what to do with it.  So I tried cute mirror with Mary Poppins in it, only to have it 1) not match the rest of the mantle and 2) not stay up.  I've propped it up on a shelf of antiques for now, but I think I am going to scrap it and start over.  Any ideas on what to do with this thing?  It seems too pretty to throw away!!

Does that mirror look dirty to you?  I swear I cleaned it!

1 comment:

Miss K @ kraftingwithk said...

It's not a fail, it's a learning opportunity :)